1 Google’s June 2019 broad core algorithm update and its updated quality rater guidelines has resulted in:
- Greater visibility for high-quality, objective health news and information sites
- Higher Google-directed traffic to holistic health-related sites
- Significantly decreased traffic to holistic health-related sites
Google’s June 2019 broad core algorithm update and its updated quality rater guidelines have effectively removed Mercola.com and many other holistic health-related websites from Google search results. Learn more.
- Increased traffic to fake news and satire outlets
2 Which companies are about to be investigated for antitrust violations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission?
- Google and Facebook
- Google, Facebook and Apple
- Facebook and Amazon
- Google, Facebook, Apple and Amazon
The DOJ will be investigating Google and Apple — conveniently, the two companies that antitrust department head Delrahim lobbied for in the past — while the Federal Trade Commission will have jurisdiction over Amazon and Facebook. Learn more.
3 Recent third-party evidence reveals the carbon footprint of regenerative raised grass fed beef is:
- Over 110% lower than that of conventional factory farmed beef
A recent life-cycle analysis reveals the carbon footprint of beef from White Oak Pastures, a regenerative farm that raises grass fed cattle, is 111% lower than conventional CAFO beef, as the “system effectively captures soil carbon, offsetting a majority of the emissions related to beef production.” Learn more.
- Twice as high as that of conventional factory farmed beef
- Approximately equal to that of conventional factory farmed beef
- About 50% lower than that of conventional factory farmed beef
4 Which of the following conditions is a common comorbidity of autism spectrum disorder?
- Gastrointestinal problems
It’s widely known that autistic children often suffer from gastrointestinal (GI) problems, with those experiencing the worst GI problems often having the most severe cases of autism. Recent research confirms and further strengthens the theory that the gut plays an important role in the development of ASD. Gut dysfunction in autism may be due to mutations in genes found in both the gut and brain that affect neuronal communication and cause gut dysfunction. Learn more.
- Brain tumors
- Vision problems and/or blindness
5 Which of the following fruits have a poisonous seed with chemicals that cause low blood pressure?
The lychee seed is poisonous and should not be eaten. A chemical in the seed causes low blood sugar, which is why outbreaks of severe illness (and even deaths) among malnourished children during harvest time are common in areas like India. Learn more.
6 Which of the following labels indicates the best quality eggs, from the most humanely-raised chickens?
- Free range
- Enriched colony or nest laid
- Organic pastured
The cage-free and free range labels say little to nothing about the conditions in which the chickens are raised, and nest laid eggs are identical to factory farmed eggs, with the exception of slightly larger cages, a scratch pad and perch. For the best quality eggs, from the most humanely-raised hens, the label you’re looking for is “organic” and “pastured.” Learn more.
7 Which of the following statements is accurate?
- Most cancer diagnoses are nonemergencies; most patients have the time to get testing and assessments done by experts who can help guide them toward the safest, most effective treatment plan
Most cancer diagnoses are nonemergencies; most patients have the time to get testing and assessments done by experts who can help guide them toward the safest, most effective treatment plan. Dr. Nasha Winters is a naturopathic physician who specializes in cancer treatment. She trains clinicians and consults with those treating cancer patients. Learn more.
- Cancer kills 8,100 Americans each day
- All cancer diagnoses should be treated as an emergency and aggressive treatment should be implemented as soon as possible
- Research conclusively shows radiation, chemotherapy and/or surgery are the most effective cancer treatments available today