Everyone loves sweet potatoes during the fall! Move over traditional sweet potato mash and make room for this delicious single portioned dish. Try out this recipe for a healthy and unique take on Thanksgiving sweet potatoes. Less sugar but just as sweet!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Apples
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ Cup Chopped Pecans
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees
- Bake Sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet for 45-55 mins or until soft.
- Let potatoes cool and heat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add apples and nutmeg and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Slice each potato in the center and scoop out most of the potato, leaving a little bit around the outsides of the skin. Scoop the insides of each of the potatoes into a bowl and mash.
- Mix into the sweet potato mash half of the apples, the salt, and cinnamon.
- Scoop the sweet potato mash back into each potato until full. Add remaining apples on top of each potato.
- Mix together the dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and brown sugar and top each potato.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes at 350 degrees and enjoy!
- Tip: Add goat cheese for extra protein and flavor!
Enjoy healthy recipes like this? Tag us on Instagram and share with us other recipes you love!